Bergamot - Organic
Bath & Beauty
10 In Stock
With its fresh, sweet, fragrance Bergamot is relaxing, uplifting, mood enhancing, good for building confidence, and calming negative emotions. Promotes healthy clear skin.
ORGANIC ESSENTIAL OIL 10ml
Respiratory | Nervous | Structural | Skin | Confidence | Calming | Emotions
Bergamot essential oil is extracted by expression from the ripe as well as unripe fruits of the bergamot orange tree. This essential oil that smells citrus-like yet sweet, is great for creating a relaxed and happy feeling. The name Bergamot is derived from the city Bergamo, Italy, and its essence and flavour have been used in traditional medicine for hundreds of years.
Bergamot essential oil is used to promote calm and confidence, relieve stress and tension, and is said to be helpful for those suffering from SAD (Seasonal Affected Disorder). The components alpha-pinene and limonene are stimulating in nature. Bergamot oil has a long history of use for oily and troubled skin.
To find out more about this product download our factsheet HERE.
Uses & Benefits
- Diffuse Bergamot essential oil to lift the spirit, and enhance mood.
- Massage after blending for relaxation and calming.
- Apply diluted to the forehead, or to the feet before bedtime.
- Blends well with Eucalyptus, Geranium, Lavender, Lemon, Patchouli and Ylang Ylang
- Do not ingest Lily & Loaf Essential Oils. Never use undiluted.
- Massage or topical add 3-5 drops per 10ml of carrier oil.
- Vaporiser add 4-5 drops to cold water in a vaporiser.
- Inhalation add 2-3 drops to hot water, inhale vapour through nose.
- Bathing add 5-10 drops to water or carrier oil, stir into bathwater.
Possible skin sensitivity - may cause skin sensitising or irritation. When applying citrus oils do not expose skin to direct sunlight or UV light for 72 hours. External use only. Do not use undiluted on the skin. Avoid contact with eyes, ears, mucus membranes, and sensitive areas. If you are pregnant, nursing, or using prescription medication, consult your Doctor or qualified health care practitioner before using essential oils. Not recommended for use on children under 12 years. Store in a cool dry place, out of reach and sight of children. The information provided is for educational purposes only.